Health and Safety Guidelines
COVID-19: Important information for clients and partners
Last updated: July 21st, 2021
At this time, Foodee will only be accepting individually packaged meals. This reduces the risk of cross-contamination and viral transmission that occurs from communal serving.
All restaurant employees are required to observe the following when prepping food:
- Wear gloves and dispose of them after each use
- Utilize hand sanitation and soap
- Observe physical distancing by separating duties into different workspaces
- Wear masks at all times
- Regular cleaning and sanitation of surfaces
- Food handoff
All restaurant partners must package and leave food ready for pickup in a sanitized environment where physical distancing can be practiced. To ensure a clean handoff with delivery drivers, restaurants are highly encouraged to:
- Have a sanitized pickup station with meals ready for pickup by drivers at the arranged time
- Plate all food in individually sealed boxes and placed into an eco-friendly sealed bag with clearly labeled names on each bag
- Have all bags either stapled or sealed
- Delivery pickup
All delivery partners are required to provide personal protective equipment and reinforce their use with drivers during food pickup and drop off.
To reduce contact and ensure a clean handoff, drivers are required to observe the following:
- Wait for food outside until food is ready for pickup
- Sanitize delivery hot bags prior to placing food in
- Wear gloves when handling food packaging
- Minimize interactions with restaurant staff
- Avoid entering a restaurant until physical distancing can be observed
To maximize physical distancing, our delivery drivers will be leaving food at the reception or at a designated drop zone near the entrance of your office. We ask all clients to indicate in their orders where the designated drop zone will be. Unfortunately, Foodee will not be able to provide setup service in the office kitchen or cafeteria at this time.
At this time, all Foodee office staff are working from home. Our offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Austin, Denver and Atlanta are closed.
If you have any questions, please contact your Foodee Representative.